• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Northern Light Paddle Loom

nootka

Paddler
Wanted: a NLP loom 15" or greater. I believe they go up to 18". Would prefer a longer length.
The measurement I refer to is not the total length, but the grip length ie a 13" loom is 22" overall.

I'd also consider a whole paddle if the loom was long enough.

Last edited:
I have an NLP. The screw threads pretty much dissolved in salt water despite freshwater rinses after every paddle.
It is now permanently fused together as a one piece paddle.
So I have a surplus NLP storm paddle loom. Perhaps it can be lengthened to meet your needs.
I can leave it at a friends in Campbell River for you, if that helps.

Sorry, forgot to ping you when we dropped off the loom. We spent a few lovely days at Discovery Lodge/Surge Narrows, which is off grid. I hope the loom works for you.

Did you get some surfing at Surge? There would have been short periods each day when the wave was formed.

I had to paddle hard to avoid a whirlpool today, off Quathiaski Cove, during what was only a 6 knot ebb.
A barge wake hit the normally smallish tide race and made it quite chaotic for a while.
It didn't help that I was paddling a SUP instead of a kayak.

Back