October Desktop Wallpaper added

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Mark_Schilling, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

This month's wallpaper image is a little different in that it's the first one taken without actually holding the camera and composing the shot. Paddling out near Race Rocks, we encountered some exciting conditions where current meets wind. I wasn't about to stop paddling to take photos, so I set up the camera (in it's waterproof housing, of course!) on the deck and allowed it to take one photo every second. The result is a series of shots taken from the perspective of a (rather short) paddler. Most don't turn out very well; this one did.

[​IMG]

Thanks to Robert_Meier, our resident programmer, we are now able to offer the image in a variety of formats directly from the wallpaper page. Included are 5 different resolutions for different monitor sizes, including two wide-screen versions. Each size can be selected with or without the calendar overlay.

Enjoy!

2. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

Thank you mark and others for posting these awesome pics for us to use as desktops! I also love the calendar feature because I never know what the heck the date is! :eek:

The blue skies in this one are incredible. Sigh, is summer over already? Makes we want to go out there and play! :D

3. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

OK I have been staring at this pic for several weeks now. WHO is the guy in blue? If they don't mind their name being disclosed of course! I like his form...

4. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

If you look closely, there are two other paddlers in the shot. Wet Elvis is on the crest of a wave to the left, and GWarner is in the distant right.