• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Overnight parking near Sechelt

CPS

Paddler
I'm thinking of trying to introduce my wife to kayaking with a little trip in Sechelt inlet in a few months. Nothing too ambitious, just a wee overnighter.
What are the best options for launching and leaving a vehicle?

There seems to be a public beach access in Tuwanek that's a promising put-in, but I'm not sure of the local tolerance to vehicles left roadside.

Any input would be great.

Contact the folks at Pedals & Paddles a little further along the road from Porpoise Bay Provincial Park. I rented a canoe from them once and launched from their beach. I came another time and paid to park on their property and launch my own boat. Not sure if they're even open right now, but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: CPS
Contact the folks at Pedals & Paddles a little further along the road from Porpoise Bay Provincial Park. I rented a canoe from them once and launched from their beach. I came another time and paid to park on their property and launch my own boat. Not sure if they're even open right now, but it's worth a shot.

Seconding this. They live not far from the Pedals & Paddles operation, so they may be open to dropping by to open the gate for you even in the off season (they did it for us on our late October trip there). Launching there puts you right at the edge of the inhabited area, and gets you into the park shore ASAP.

+1 for P-n-P, great folks
we have left our car at the beach / mud flats before, no issues for an overnight
we were up in narrows inlet for a week last summer and felt better with the car behind a fence given the length of time we were away

Lighthouse Marine Pub in Porpoise Bay. Easy put in at a dock or boat ramp. Free parking anywhere on side streets. I've never had any issue with leaving my vehicle here for extended days. It's nine miles to Nine Mile camp. I've attached a photo with the location

Here's a link to videos and story about a four day trip in the inlet.
Sechelt Inlet paddling trip

Attachments

• Porpoise bay.jpg
    Porpoise bay.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 245
Thanks for the suggestions of contacting P&P, they were able to give me some good local knowledge of where to park. Sounds like this bit of trip planning is sorted.

Now for all the rest...

Back