Pender Harbour Day Paddle Information requested

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by queenmary, Jun 9, 2017.

1. queenmary

queenmary New Member

I am spending a week in the Pender Harbour area on the Sunshine Coast with a group of 12 paddlers and would like to have some information on where the best paddling areas are. We will be doing day paddles and are staying in a home, so no camping info needed. Can someone suggest some good launch spots and day trips destinations?
    Thanks!

2. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

Firstly, you have a lot of interesting perimeter paddling right in the environs of Pender Harbour. In Pender, there's a couple of landings of Garden Bay Marine Park and farther out there's possibly a rest stop at Daniel Point.

Going south around the corner there's Francis Pt Prov Park and Baker Beach as well as some interesting island paddling.

If you are interested in a 2 day outing, a 12 km jaunt up to Cockburn Beach on Nelson Is might be an easy and interesting paddle - can crawl the south of Nelson Is maybe poke up Agamemnon - but maybe more interesting continuing around Nelson for some sightseeing: that's what I'd do.

The other possibility is going from a launch in the Sechelt inlet and having some more quiet paddling in there.

Check out the map at bcmarinetrails.org for a few launch, reststop locations, descriptions, and photos.

3. queenmary

queenmary New Member

Thank you, I will check that out. Looking forward to the trip.