• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Planning for the 2009 WCP Spring Campout

Which April weekend works best for you?

• April 4-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 11-12

• April 18-19

• April 25-26

• Total voters
Did i hear somebody mention my swimmwear?

OK, i will leave the speedos @ home :shock: However, we europaddlers think there is nothing wrong with speedos and we go even in our birthday suits into the sauna :p

Will bring my newest Trangia and Hennessy Hammock!

anyway, i will try to arrive on April 20th and will paddle with Gregn via Portland.

Sushiy, are you in for another trip to Cabbage after the weekend?

This time we will paddle around Saturna too!

:wink:

servus

Willi

westcoastwill said:
OK, i will leave the speedos @ home :shock: However, we europaddlers think there is nothing wrong with speedos and we go even in our birthday suits into the sauna :p

I've got some speedos... I'll wear them some time. Then you'll have a clearer understanding of what might be wrong wearing speedos. It would have to be someplace Maddie won't be attending however. There are some things young girls just should not be subjected to; even as education. :p

Craig

Dan_Millsip said:
Never mind Maddie, there are some things that I don't want to be subjected to. :lol:

Well, after thinking it over, it's probably no worse than just standing at the entrance to your average Wal-Mart and watching the people who go in. Just be thankful that *they* don't wear speedos. LOL

Craig

Mike_Jackson said:
Robin, might be tempted to join you in paddling up from Victoria (Cadboro Bay)... I am free that weekend.
Certainly, Mike.

It'll be great to see everyone again, even with the risk of warmer weather, less winter clothing, and speedos.

westcoastwill said:
Sushiy, are you in for another trip to Cabbage after the weekend?

This time we will paddle around Saturna too!

My plan is that we ( I and a few of my friends from Seattle) will be shooting for Narvaez Bay the first day ( probably on 23rd), and round Boiling Reef on 24th, playing in the flood at Boat Passage, and arriving Beaumont Park the same day.
That is if the weather is calm. If not, I have to forget about Boat Pass, and if the weather is totally shitty, we have to forget whole thing and go paddling in South Sound or something.
We still have to figure out what works best for us ( work schedule and current and ferry schedule, etc.).

I wonder, would a kayak with a sail rig be welcome, or would that be too weird of a dynamic with me either sailing circles around everyone or paddling my behind off just to be the slowest boat?

Seriously no offense if this is the case, I can always just bring the kayak and leave the rig at home. 8)

keabird said:
I wonder, would a kayak with a sail rig be welcome, or would that be too weird of a dynamic with me either sailing circles around everyone or paddling my behind off just to be the slowest boat?
Seriously no offense if this is the case, I can always just bring the kayak and leave the rig at home. 8)

Hey Keabird,

Mike J, Ian C, and I all have sails for our kayaks, though they're all the supplemental sails, not the full outrigger-leeboard Balough Sails type of thing. I've been to a couple of WCP get-togethers over the years and haven't had my boat "tagged" or sunk. The WCP crowd seem to be a pretty open minded bunch. Now if you showed up with an outboat motor bolted to your kayak, I couldn't guarantee your safety....

Hey Kiabird:

I've even shown up in a decked canoe, and didn't get stoned by the crowd.

The old folding kayakers on the rivers, lakes and seas of Europe had a popular proverb:

"Paddle if you must, sail if you can"

:wink:

Willi

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BOY!

JUst figured out my work situation for the summer! Looks like I can make this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone considering paddling over early on the Friday? :D I'd like to paddle over from Sidney.

I am thining of bringing my warm and cozy Jambalaya to share. Maybe Elmo needs me to pack a pot for his dish too? :wink:

myself and one other are planning to overnight at either Rum or Portland (weather depending) thursday night, and paddle to Beaumont early friday.
we might bump into you on the water.
Daren........

Back