Printing Photographs

Discussion in 'Paddling Photography' started by Monster, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Monster

Monster Paddler

I need to get almost 200 pictures printed for an Xmas present and am looking for suggestions on where the best deals are for volume printing?

I have to be able to beat London Drugs prices somewhere?

2. Andy_Ferguson

Andy_Ferguson Paddler

Costco?

3. blondie

blondie Paddler

I get my pictures printed at http://www.kodakgallery.ca. You order online and can pick them up at a Future Shop (or I think Best Buy) or just have them delivered. They gave me a certain number of free prints when I joined, and I get special offers by email every two weeks or so. even so, the base price is the lowest I've seen at $0.19 for a 4x6. The price drops if you order more than 50 or 100.

The print quality is good, and the upload tools and interface are pretty easy to use. Shipping is pretty fast too.

I think Walmart is pretty cheap too, but I don't know what quality would be like there.

4. rider

rider Paddler

Walmart quality is pretty good from what i can tell. It's much cheaper to upload to their photo site, order prints online and pick up in 5 days than it is to print them on the spot at the store.

5. Monster

Monster Paddler

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm a little concerned about quality too as I've spent no small amount of time processing a print quality version of each picture in photoshop (months to be certain) and while I do know London Drugs does a good job, they are not at all very cheap.

Blondie, I like the Kodak Gallery site you linked to and $0.19 per 4"x6" print is very reasonable, although it seems I have to actually create an account to see their pricing options so I think I'll do that tonight... thanks for the heads up!

6. Monster

Monster Paddler

Hey Blondie, thanks again for that link...! They are also providing customized photo-books that can be arranged the way you want with any text included you want and hard covered, even leather covers...

I'm completely sold as this is exactly what I was trying to accomplish for xmas... awesome!

7. Kasey

Kasey Paddler

I'm contemplating doing the same project - good idea! :wink:

Blondie's suggestion may be just as good (and me just afraid to take chances with someone new :wink: ) and is definitely cheaper....but if you are sure you want quality then I would go with http://contactphotoarts.fotosource.com/contact_us.html
    I won't get my photos printed anywhere else. It is a small outlet and the owner personally looks at and adjusts each print for quality. He had this shop for years before he went Photo Source a couple of years ago. They also offer the photo books, give prompt service online and mail the result back to you. I've never seen significantly better deals on cameras and accessories either and the after-sales (and even if you've never bought there) help is irreplaceable.

With 200 photos you may want to go the cheaper route but it depends on whether quality or price are the priority.

Hope it turns out great!

8. blondie

blondie Paddler

No problem, glad to help. You'll probably get access to the same promotions I do, but just in case: Coupon code CA30SAVE20 will get you 20% off an order over $30 until Dec 3 2008.