• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Red deck line?

BigandSmall

Paddler
Anyone have a source for some red perimeter line and red bungee that ships to Canada? The deck rigging on my wife's Reval Mini is washed out and could use some new colour for spring.

Several times a year, West Marine has a 40% off sale on line. Might check with them. Hammock campers often use 7/64 (eight strand) Amsteel for their suspension systems. It comes in a variety of colors but not bright colors. It's very strong (7/64 rated about 1600lbs?) but really not designed to be used with knots. Loops and such are made by weaving the line - opening the center with a knitting needle, etc. (Google is your friend).

BigandSmall,

I did a little Googling and found some New England 6 mm red cordage, but the REI link did not say whether it was nylon or polyester. You really want the polyester. A decent marine outlet should have it, I think.

Thank you all for your suggestions, ordering from the US without a USPS shipping option always worries me after having dealt with UPS in the past. Thanks Dave for suggesting polyester and Red Kite for a CDN source. Someone at work mentioned these guys http://www.marineoutfitters.ca/index.cf ... gory=10045. I ordered enough to do the boat twice to get over the minimum and shipping was $18. Fingers crossed the colours are close between bungee and perimeter line.

Ecomarine in Vancouver has red reflective perimeter line. West marine on 2nd ave (also in Vancouver) has red shock cord in the appropriate diameter. I'm not sure where you are located, but they may be able to ship.

Where did you end up getting the deck line? In related news, if anyone wants to swap some deck line for some bungee, I'd be happy to split my spool of bungee with someone who has some deck line to trade.
Cheers,
Bryan

Back