Renting boats in Vancouver and the Island

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by jurgenk, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Uh... let me get a good solid roll down before I go play in the big stuff again!

2. andreas

andreas Paddler

jordan river sounds great!!!!!

in october we ( the shop) are going out there with little playboats anyway...... but i'm just thinking about bringing a plastik necky chattam 16, so i get practice with surfing a "real" kayak.

last year we had nice ~10 footers! i was also paddling a sit on top :roll: oh man what a pig :? it paddled great in the surf , but for going back out again you had to work really really hard .

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darren
    When in October are you thinking.
    I know its the Thanksgiving long weekend but how about the 8th and the 9th.:p

Wet Elvis

4. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

No good for me - I'm in Vancouver that weekend.

5. DarrenM

DarrenM Paddler

Any weekend should work for me.

6. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

I got a call from Jurgenk this evening - he's in Vancouver now but will be around (Victoria) this weekend and it sounds like he'll be able to join us for the trip to Discovery Island. :)

He's going to call tomorrow evening or Saturday morning and we'll arrange a time and place to meet. So, we should figure out exactly where we're going to put in (and when) before he calls so we have a game plan.

I'm going to go downtown in the morning and hand out some more WestCoastPaddler.com cards amongst the hordes of paddlers that will be around... so I'm thinking we could meet up at our selected put-in spot around 1pm or so?

7. jurgenk

jurgenk Paddler

Hey all, I am at Tsawwassen Quay right now heading over on the 2-o-clock sailing. Will call you tonight Mark to see what is up.

Brad

8. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

OK, so we're meeting at 12:30 tomorrow at Telegraph Bay (near the end of Arbutus Road). So far it's Darren, Dave, me and Brad - but if anyone else is willing and able, we'll be happy to see you there!

Brrr... it's really starting to cool off at night now! I think (sleeping) bag night number 40 (since Jan 1st) for me will be spent in the winter sleeping bag. Hmmm.... my toes feel toasty just thinking about it. 8)

9. Dave_Barrie

Dave_Barrie Paddler

Yup winter bag for sure, it was pretty chilly out this morning....only wish my new tent was here. I bet it will arrive on Monday :cry:

10. Dave_Barrie

Dave_Barrie Paddler

Well that was fun.....and I'm still full!!!

It was nice to meet your Brad - next time you're around give us a shout. We're always up to something.

Just as we were getting ready to leave a large group was coming into the beach....and who do we run into but Mike Jackson.

What a great weekend to be on the water!

11. andreas

andreas Paddler

pictures?

i'm glad to hear that you guys had fun! i went out to oak bay this morning at 7a.m. for the sun rise----it was the nicest time i ever had out there :D
    and now i just got home from doing some wet exits at elk lake.

did you guys still had time to go and check out the ocean river sale? i sure did..... :roll: it's time for some overtime again .................

cheers
    andreas

12. DarrenM

DarrenM Paddler

That was fun! I need to sleep now. :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Did that wasp have too much to drink? 8O

14. DarrenM

DarrenM Paddler

That wasp and Mark were the only sober ones there 8O :wink:

15. jurgenk

jurgenk Paddler

Thanks all, had a blast, the food was to die for and I learned a lot (e.g. day hatch makes excellent beer cooler)... Darren you captured me looking properly reflective in your photo which I appreciate and the wasp died of natural causes (some liver ailment I believe).

Seemed to take a lot longer to get back to the put-in than going out (I understand there is this current thing that might have been working against me). This trip has given me a lesson in Southern hospitality and if you boys (and girls) are ever in the North give me a shout and I will attempt to reciprocate. :D