SOLD - FS: Yakima Showboat boat-loading system

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by Mark_Schilling, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

I've got a Yakima Showboat system that I bought a few years ago but it didn't really work satisfactorily on my vehicle. It's a roller system that is used in conjunction with your existing Yakima or Thule roof racks - that is, it doesn't replace either the racks or kayak cradles, so you still need those. It's a slide-out roller system that extends out past the end of your vehicle, so you can lift the front of the boat to the Showboat roller, load the kayak by pushing it forward onto your cradles, then slide the Showboat forward again (it locks into place) so you still have access to your tailgate. It works great on most SUV's, mini-vans, station wagons etc. Depending on your vehicle, it may or may not offer an advantage to a sedan. The bonus of the Showboat system is that you can load two (or more) boats with it - it's wide enough to accommodate more than just one boat, and it also can be slide side to side along a track to cover the full width of wider vehicles.

I used it about 2 or 3 times but there was a limitation with my BMW station wagon. BMW's all have a 'shark fin' antenna on the roof near the back, and the Showboat had to be mounted behind the antenna to work. However, this was still too far back for the tailgate to open completely so it created more problems than it solved. With just about any other vehicle, it would have worked fine (I wish I had known that before I bought it!). Now it's been sitting in the garage unused for the last couple of years so it's time to go. Will sell for $150 including the (required) round bars. Located in Nanaimo but we frequently travel around the island so delivery may be an option as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Re: FS: Yakima Showboat boat-loading slide-out roller system

Sold.

3. Doug_Lloyd

Doug_Lloyd Paddler

To me!!!!!!

4. Doug_Lloyd

Doug_Lloyd Paddler

Works well on my Outback

Attached Files:

5. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Good stuff! I meant to follow up and make sure the install went ok etc. Hope it's working well for you!