• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - Impex Force Cat 5 - $900

rider

Paddler
Selling my Impex Force Cat 5, fiberglass.
What is it- Long,narrow boat for medium to large paddlers. I am 6'1'' and 190 or so and it can fit a slightly larger person .
What does it do well-Go straight at a decent pace. Stay upright. It has almost no rocker, but also a flat-ish hull so the primary stability is surprisingly high, handling pretty neutral, and with the skeg down it almost doesn't turn,period. I would go as far as describe it as quirkless.
What it doesn't do well- Turn.
Given the price you are probably wondering, what's the catch?
#1- it was originally an ugly beige boat, which the previous owner painted yellow using Interlux Brightside marine paint. It looks better from far than up close, as any brushed-on paint job.
#2 Previous owner had an incident with a garage door that caused some damage which needed minor fiberglass repairs, which I did myself and are solid, but it's not a showroom boat.
#3 I bought it with a kinked skeg cable, replaced it with a cable I had sitting in the garage which is the more flexible kind, it works but not as smoothly as I would like, you can change it out or leave as-is.
#4 the day hatch lid is a Sea Dog/Sealect lid on a Valley rim, the two should be compatible and it works but I think a Valley lid is still much better and would set you back close to $100 by the time you're done. The rear oval hatch has been replaced by me this season, the front still looks decent.
If interested, please shoot me an email at dmitrioguz@gmail.com as I check these forums on and off.
P1130391.JPG
P1130392.JPG
P1130393.JPG
P1130394.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back