SOLD! - Mariner Express with bow, stern, and day hatches - $1700 USD

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by drahcir, Jul 27, 2017.

1. designer

designer Paddler

>I asked Matt if they could be broken in surf and he replied, any glass boat can be broken in surf, under the wrong circumstances.

So that situation were I saw a rock up ahead of my Mariner, and the rock moved out if the way in fear, was just a figment of my imagination?

stagger likes this.
  2. JohnAbercrombie

JohnAbercrombie Paddler

I heard a story about a (not Mariner) kayak cracking at the seam when it was pulled over a log when loaded with camping gear and food/water.
    That WILL NEVER HAPPEN with your Mariner Express! :):)

3. drahcir

drahcir Paddler

I want to clarify my reasons for selling my Mariner Express. After purchasing the Mariner, I was very pleased with its famed response to rough water. With neither rudder nor skeg, it was incredible. However, as an older paddler (now 78) I wanted to learn to roll my kayak, an old dog trying to learn a new trick. I was rather unsuccessful with the Mariner, but found an alternative that I could roll consistently. Practicing with that alternative, I eventually was able to retry and roll the Mariner but not as consistently as I would have liked. I could not afford 2 personal boats, so sold the Mariner. You younger folks would probably roll the Mariner easily.

So the Mariner was fine, but had a paddler who fell short. This particular Mariner was refurbished (originally no water tight hatches) with bow, stern, and day hatches … plus a few other goodies. The work was done very professionally by Victoria’s own John Abercrombie who does this as a hobby. It looked like a brand new kayak. I would strongly recommend that anyone interested in a Mariner should look at what John has available. A friend bought an Elan from John (basically the same hull) and is very happy with it.

stagger likes this.