• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - MARINER XL FOR SALE

John
I too cannot believe that someone hasn't snapped up this mariner XL but we truly need to find a new home for it. Unfortunately we don't have plans right now to go up north. If you have Any ideas I would love to hear them. We just cannot go any lower than this price. I am doing everything I can to find this kayak a good home.

If you have Any ideas I would love to hear them.

Have you contacted Matt Broze (Mariner Kayaks)?
He sometimes has buyers who don't check the online listings (and sellers who don't want to sell via public ads).

Perhaps a fresh ad with only the one kayak featured? There may be a bit of 'that's the one that the other buyer didn't want' in some people's minds?'

Good Morning John,
I had a moment to read your comments and they are appreciated. The thought about the one kayak being the one still available has this short story. The man who bought the first one, (site unseen mind you), and is coming here next month to take delivery asked for no one kayak in particular. I mentioned at the time of sale that if the production numbers were covered I would not be able to tell one from the other. So we just put the lower number on the bill of sale. True story. I am sorry that it is such a hassle for you or anyone having to brave the traffic to get down here. I have made this commute for close to 40 years now. Much of the time from our home on Fox Island in lower Puget Sound and into Seattle every weekday. Now that my wife and I have moved into Tacoma, the same commute time still exists due to congestion. At best an hour in the morning and one to who knows in the evening.
I wish that I could drive up to Vancouver Island as a way to get the kayak to you, but our schedule just does not permit that at this time. We are getting ready to move our son and his wife to her next duty station in California with the Coast Guard so that will take up alot of the next month. My desire is to not have to keep storing the kayak outside but we just do not have the room what with our house in full renovation mode. Lowering the price to such a level as we now find it is in my view a more than fair price. You, with all of your knowledge would most likely agree.
Anyway, I do appreciate all of your comments.
Regards, Don

Good Morning John,
Well, this was definitely the magic price at this moment. Multiple offers but purchased by a fine young man from Tacoma named Matt. It just felt right selling the kayak to him. Perhaps you will run into him one day as he seems eager to paddle many locales including Vancouver Island areas. Thank you so much for all of your advice John.
Sincerely, Don

Back