Stellar S18R test paddle

Tangler

Paddler
I find the major benefit of the noodle is that it allows a loaded boat to be moved up and down a beach (even if only a few feet) with less strain on my back. A scratch on a boat isn't going to ruin a trip but an injured back will (trust me...). A person must have a code but a little grey area can make life more manageable... (Not so much a code as guidelines, arr mateys).

cougarmeat

Paddler
The noodle is useful. Cut in about 1.5 - 2 ft sections, it can be used to stuff in small open spaces to better stabilize a load. More importantly, if you miss the timing on an outgoing tide, you can use two rollers to get your heavily loaded boat back down to the water and look like, "... You Meant To Do That."

I've primarily used them to roll the boat to the water and on some beaches to protect the boat from the larger, sharp pieces of "sand".

JohnAbercrombie

Paddler
Pool noodles must vary in density? A friend uses them and even when his boat is unloaded the noodles compress and don't roll. The result is a lot of friction and a very irritating squeal.

Reactions: CPS

kilroy

I picked up a Stellar S14 G2 a little over a month ago and the weight is a game changer. It's still new so I definitely don't drag it over the beach, but even once I wear it in, I'm not sure I will. At 36.5 pounds I can pick it up with one hand and carry it just as easily.

Reactions: CPS