Sterling Kayaks New Ownership

chodups

Paddler
You may already know this but Sterling and Marsha have sold the business to Scott and Sarah Boden. I've been wondering when the announcement would be made and I noticed this morning that the website has been completely revamped and the announcement making it official.

AndyM

Paddler
Wow.
I had heard they were contemplating selling but hadn't heard the news.
Sterling & Marsha certainly deserve the time (though they are still involved with the company) to enjoy life.
I hope the new owners continue with 'PURE PERFORMANCE' (logo).
And a dealer or 2 on the east coast would be nice.

JohnAbercrombie

Paddler
Sterling's an amazing success story. Amid a general decline in the sea kayak business they've managed to sell boats at almost double the price of their competition. There are plenty of MBA case studies hidden in there! :)

ChG

Double the money but double the fun in the surf! I might be biased having own 3 different Sterling's kayaks over the last 15 years but find me a Sterling's kayak paddler that doesn't have a grin on his face after a good kayak surfing session.
You got to love the enthusiasm and dedication Sterling has put into the performance of his craft. Every time I lift my boat up on my car, I thank Sterling for his light and strong mantra. At 34lbs, I should be able to lift it well into my old age. Getting there as it is...:)