Summer Plans!!

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Desertboater, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Desertboater

Desertboater Paddler

So after a bit of a runaround last year trying to find a job in the San Juans and then ending up in Whittier, AK, I have gotten a job guiding for Outdoor Odysseys!! Definitely stoked to get up there! :D :D Anyway, I have one housing option already up there, but I'd like to get a sense of what else is out there. The shop is in Friday Harbor, and I'd like to be able to ride my bike to work as much as possible (I've already been warned of crazy tourist drivers :shock: ). My truck is pretty well set up to be lived out of for a longer period of time, so it would be sweet to just be able to park/camp and just have running water, bathroom, shower, etc available. It's not camping, it's outdoor living!! Anybody have any ideas, friends, or just thoughts on the matter, etc? Amusing anecdotes are also welcome!

Cheers,
    West

2. sushiy

sushiy Paddler

maybe those riches are looking for house sitter while they have to work their butt off in city to pay the mortgage...???