Tent For Sale

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by DarenN, Aug 2, 2009.

1. DarenN

DarenN Paddler

i have a Mountain Hardwear Lightwedge 2 for sale. like new condition. asking $175.00 Canadian, (shipping extra).
    i will consider a trade for a MSR Hubba solo tent.

Daren........

2. DarenN

DarenN Paddler

pics:

free standing:
    [​IMG]

with fly:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

That is a bargain. I'd snap it up if I did not already own one.

Daren, you and I must be tent-user clones or something. My 2001 vintage Mtn Hardwear Light wedge 2 is my "luxury tent" when I want tons of room inside. It gets little use in summer; more in winter/spring when I want room in the rain, or can share out gear a bit with others.

I also own an MSR Hubba (3 seasons old), and it is a killer summer tent. I think you will really appreciate its light weight and compact size when packing the boat. I sleep very well in it. For my needs, it requires a tarp as an "outside" sitting spot, kitchen shelter, etc. The vestibule is small but laid out so that there is enough sheltered space for a dry bag and boots... about all I really need. Even better, in wet conditions, releasing the fly and exiting/entering the Hubba does not direct a shower of tent dew into the sleeping area of the tent.

4. DarenN

DarenN Paddler

Dave;
    thanks for the info on the Hubba. i'm just beginning my experimenting into "Solo" tents. i bought a Big Agnus Flycreek UL1 and it has the rain issue, when you open the fly, that you say the Hubba does not have. very nice tent but i think i might have been better off to just eat the couple extra ounces and bought the Hubba.

as you say, the Light Wedge is a superior tent in the rainy seasons. i just don't need a two person tent anymore as i'm getting too old for biologist and park ranger girls. :wink: :lol: .

Daren.......

5. Jurfie

Jurfie Paddler

Durnit, if I hadn't bought my tent last season, I would have snatched this one up! The Lightwedge 2 was my first choice, but I couldn't bring myself to pay the new retail price! :( :evil:

6. DarenN

DarenN Paddler

i picked up a perfect 2 year old Hubba c/w footprint from the MEC gear swap.

the MH LW2 is now strictly cash only. unless?........... :wink:

Daren........

7. DarenN

DarenN Paddler

bump! :wink: