• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Test Posting Images Here

cyberhun

Paddler
This is cut 'n paste from the textbox on the Picassa album site, that purports to generate HTML code for embedding a link to the album (not an individual picture), this is what it generated --- verbatim:

Admin: Deleted extra long URL that didn't work.

OK, and here is the generated code to link to an individual picture --- verbatim:

IMG_0052.jpg

Well, that didn't seem to work very well. Andy, what do you mean when you say "... play around with the formatting ...". I'm not that technically gifted when it comes to HTML.

IMG_0052.jpg

cyberhun said:
and it still doesn't work. Here's what was between the image tags:

http://lh4.google.com/image/tomfromvan/ ... G_0052.jpg
I tried that string within image tags on a different phpBB-based site, and got the same results. I suspect the problem is in how Picasa controls access to the image. It might be that Picasa is not a good choice for use of image tags. I've had no trouble with three or four other similar sources (ImageStation, KodakEasyShare, etc.).

thief said:
andy-
is your write up going to be specific to picasa???i have had lots of troubles posting pix from there......
any hints?
thanks
rob

http://www.andysclutter.com/dload/pic.html is a quick little write up I did on how to post a picture from picasa to our forums. I'm pretty sure it works but google seems hell-bent on making it difficult. I'm assuming they won't change the url for the image location since they are providing the code for embedding the image into a webpage.

Just a note, we are working on putting a feature into the forums to allow one to upload images when posting. No more frustration after that. Will let everyone know when it's ready.

No. The webmasters can do that. Hint: right click on the image as posted in a photo site, select properties, and then cut anc paste, making sure the image file designation ends in .jpg

Ann, that only works for you because you have a membership on that website to view images. Because of this, you can see your image but I can't. I"m not sure that the photo site that you are using will work for posting images on forums outside that site.

Just so everyone knows, we're very, very close to having the new forum software ready -- it's nearly exactly the same forums that we're running now but you'll be able to upload images when you make your posts.

Robert is just working on the last little details and it should be ready within the next week or so. We're pretty excited about this as it will make posting photos a whole lot easier.

Back