Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by cyberhun, Jun 5, 2007.
why doesn't this work? it directly referneces an image file (ends with "jpg")?
The closing image tag is on the next line.
You have the image location enclosed in " "s.
You have a space between the .jpg and the closing image tag.
It should look like this: (all on one line with no line breaks. It shows the closing image tag on the next line but that's just the way it's wrapping on the screen)
which will produce this:
Trying this new upload feature. Can't seem to get it to work , The preview screen is blank and The upload file says no uploads. What am I doing wrong?
Jill, when you choose Browse in the new window (after Upload picture in this window), are you highlighting the file on your computer you want to post, and clicking on it, then Save? After clicking on Upload in the new window, that should be it Seems to work here.
Biker boy brother Rick, circa 1972:
Whoops! Not working here, either. Worked before. I think something is wrong on the WCP site, not with you or me, Jill.
Jill, it might be the file size that is the problem. Do not know what the limit is, but the photo I tried to post was about 100kB, and it looks as if the others posted here are smaller, running up to about 30 kB.
This one is about 50 kB, and I think it will work.
Couple buddies in wetsuits after boogie boarding.
Works for me.
You can upload files up to about 4MB in size, although any bigger than 2MB and it'll probably time-out during the upload.
Just to clarify the procedure to follow:
When posting a new message or replying to a message:
- Click "Upload picture" which will bring up a new window (so make sure you don't have any pop-up blockers)
- Click "Browse" to select the image on your computer you wish to upload, and click "Open"
- The previous step will insert the full path to the image on your computer, at which point you can click "Upload" (or "Cancel" if you wish to cancel any uploading)
- Depending on the size of the image and the speed of your internet connection it may take a while for the image to upload. Be patient during this step.
- Once the image has uploaded the window will display the image and have some selectable options under the image
- Click one of the options, i.e. Insert the image (and return to your message), Insert the image and then upload another, Previous (to return to the previous screen) or Cancel (to exit back to your message)
- Your message should now contain something like this:
- You can click "Preview" to preview how your uploaded image will appear in your message. Once you are satisfied with the message you can click "Submit".
- If you want to use an image you previously uploaded, on the first screen click "My Uploaded Pictures". Under each image is a link to insert the image into your message.
Robert, that's what I did, except, I did not scroll down to the bottom of the displayed image and click on a choice. I bet that's what Jill omitted, also.
Should work this time.
Biker brother Rick, circa 1972.
Thanks for the help. But Image still won't upload . It says done, but no photo. I turned off pop up blockers. Photos are 1.65mb. . No worries I'll just use Photo bucket. Thanks again for all the help.
What image format?
When you click Upload, what's the next screen that appears? If it's a blank white screen it means the upload is timing out. We have set the max upload limit to 4MB. I have successfully uploaded test images of around 2.99MB but have also had problems with smaller images timing out, like around 1.5MB.
You could also try resizing the image before uploading so you're uploading a smaller size image, which would not time out.
Ok, Just have to make the image smaller Thanks for all the help
Yup, that works.
Oh boy, dog pic's. Gotta try this..... :wink:
Really neat feature guy's. Thanks for the effort you all put in here.
Separate names with a comma.