• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

THE WOLF

Outsider, that is great story and more.
Your experience gives an inside look into the way "Man" and wolf might of become men and dogs.
All these years I though the wolf to dog process started when a wolf wandered into a human camp.
Your experience shows that the bonding between wolf and dog might of started the other way around.
I wonder what would of happened if you had stayed at that spot for a longer time.
What would happen if you returned to that spot every year at the same time?
There are probably both ethical and safety issues for not returning to that spot, but it would be exciting.

Roy

Wolves which become habituated to humans, especially animals which have been fed by humans, pose a much greater risk of injuring humans. Outsider was wise to avoid interaction with the wolf, and gave us a great account of his trip. I hope he does another one.

Not to repeat what has been said, but excellent trip report Outsider.

Hope to see more from you in this sub-forum.

Cheers.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys.

I am working on another story about another trip I did where the forces of nature make themselves known in a supernatural way.

Stay tuned.

Outsider

Back