• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Vancouver visiting status?

cougarmeat

Paddler
Last I read, the B. C. Provincial Parks were only open to locals. At least once a summer, I like to drive up and treat a friend to The Salt Springs Saturday market and/or the Butchart Gardens in Sidney. Of course there’s be some paddling.

What’s the deal now? Can USA cross the broad and spend money in Victoria? Can we paddle to, and stay in, the parks? Is there a specific website to watch for changes in that status?

In Central Oregon we don’t get a lot of news other than [spared political commentary :)]

And given that Canada has done pretty well at stamping down new cases, and the US as a whole decided not to wait until fall for the second wave, the chances of Canada opening up for us US folks to visit north this year is pretty slim.

And given that Canada has done pretty well at stamping down new cases, and the US as a whole decided not to wait until fall for the second wave, the chances of Canada opening up for us US folks to visit north this year is pretty slim.

I certainly wouldn't let us in if I were Canada.

Back