• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

WCP 2013 Spring Camp Out

Pick The Weekend

• April 6 - 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 13 -14

• April 20 - 21

• April 27 -28

• Total voters
Hoping to make it over for a day paddle, either Saturday or Sunday. Hmmm, if we came for an evening paddle on Saturday we might be able to score some pot-luck... I'd have to whip up some Nanaimo bars or something. :roll:

Anyone wants to join me for early paddle to Portland? I will be leaving Sidney (Roberts Bay at the foot of 5th Street) Thursday, 10:00 otw.

Went today (Monday) to check the parking at Barnacle Road by Swartz Bay Government dock. One spot was available at 09:00 and two at 11:00.

Sure sounds like a fun weekend with some great folks. It really, really makes me miss living out in BC.
Have fun everybody and post lots of stories and photos!

Cheers...Joe O'

Mike_Jackson said:
Joe, we would love to see you back again. Perhaps come and paddle around another island or two!

Oh, I'll be back Mike... just a question of when. Likely won't be for anything "Speed Related"...just for a fun trip to see all the good stuff that I had to rush past last time ;)
Also tempted to do a canoe trip around the big island too...but not for speed, just a fun tour next time. I'm in need of a fresh dose of salt water again bro....

Cheers... Joe O'

I sure wish i could join you guys this weekend... :( ...I really could use some ocean time. Its been a very hectic month with my mom passing away on the 1st........Hope you all have a great time and see you on the ocean in May ???? PS: someone else will have to bring the pineapples this year..... :(

Sorry you won't be here Candi.

Looks like twelve here so far. The sun is shining and it's gorgeous.

Funny -- when I first started coming to Portland Island there was no cell phone reception never mind the internet and the place felt a lot more remote. How things have changed.

Hoping to come out tomorrow - at least for the day/evening. But will see what the weather brings. I suspect Friday evening will be the better one! :)

Mike_Jackson said:
Hoping to come out tomorrow - at least for the day/evening. But will see what the weather brings. I suspect Friday evening will be the better one! :)

Where are you leaving from, Mike? Scott and I are planning on going out (also just for a day paddle) from Amherst, but we're not sure what time yet.

Back