• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

WCP Spring get together

Finally! I was beginning to wonder if maybe they'd shot you down over the elephants and zebras down there! 8O

Absolutely, the rain shadow - yes! It rarely rains in the Gulf Islands, as we all know (just think of Portland Is. in November). We couldn't see Saltspring thru the thick fog and cloud, the wind was howling about 40 knots, and we awoke to find snow on the neighbouring hills! This weekend can't be worse than that, and we had a great time (mostly because of Divorceboats culinary skills) 8) .

So, yeah! Get over here! If Mango wants to bail out (but I'm sure she won't - right Mango? :p ) the Romany is now available to use.

See you on the weekend!

Oh yeah, I'm back in again after bailing out. :roll: :wink:

Kenkari said:
Is everyone from the Vancouver area taking the 10am ferry over?

I plan on being at the ferry about 8am. That should give me enough time to pack the boat and still have time to find my way on board. I get lost easily. :p
There are three, maybe four of us who will be heading over on the 10:00 AM ferry.

Don't forget rope for hanging food 8O

IMG_4224a.jpg

why do you wonna hang the little banditos? :lol: :wink:

just kiddin

i guess everyone brings there throw bag anyway.......

They stole one of my food dry bags off of a picnic table and were about 20 metres away in the bush before I noticed -- and we were only away from the table for a matter of minutes! They're clever little fellows.

Oh yeah, they had the whole distraction thing going too! There were 3 cute little guys off to the side capturing our attention while the bigger ones grabbed our stuff from right behind us! They're smart little fellows!

aehhmmm--for what? 8O :lol:
oh i know i know ,we could have a barrel race or we could build a steam powerd barrel boat......or we could build a raccon trap....or......... ok ok i stop now :lol:

man, the waether forcast drives me nuts :evil:

@darren:
are you getting you boat ready for friday?
@ mark:
i hope you are bringing you sg baby! so we all can have a test paddle in it! just kiddin :lol: are you bringing your craptrap?

Don't worry Andreas - Minnie will definitely be making an appearance. I probably won't bring the crab trap 8O - I've never had much luck at Portland anyways and I don't want it to scratch the deck of the new boat.

hey what's the protocol for leaving yr car at the twassen dock. cost per day etc, how pay?

is it likely that all the spaces will be taken (friday at 600pm or 8pm) and i have to walk the yak down the causeway from some other location??

Back