• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

WCP Spring get together

I imagine there will be numerous groups crossing during the day. I'll probably head over in the morning and get some stuff set up so I can just sit around and laugh at everyone else trying to set up their tents in the dark later on. :lol: And I'll likely paddle back to meet up with you guys in the evening (guess I'll have to - my other boat will be there waiting to be loaded and hit the water!).

Surely at least one person from Vancouver will have a VHF so we can communicate times etc. that evening?

I can get Friday off, so I can take an AM ferry and meet you (and the boat! :D ) whenever is convienient Mark.

And if any Vancouverites want to carpool, let me me know.

BTY Blondie,

I think you mentioned you were new to kayaking. I believe you've been looked after on the boat / paddle front. Any camping gear you need for this trip (sleeping pad, headlamp, etc.)? Look up "gear weenie" in the dictionary and you'll see my picture - I have duplicates of most everything.

Sure Mark - the alphabet / number soup dates back to the days when you needed a station licence and an operator's certificate for a VHF.
And let me tell you, it was no picnic trying to keep those vacumn tubes dry on an kayak deck, and launch the kite into the lightning to power the radio...
And you try and tell the young folk about that today, and they don't believe you...

I'll be going over on the morning ferry, probably meeting Dan at Tswwassen and walking my boat & gear onto the ferry. I'm leaving from Richmond and have an extra set of cradles on my truck if someone needs a ride (and wants to split the cost of parking with me. :wink: )

kayakwriter said:
BTY Blondie,

I think you mentioned you were new to kayaking. I believe you've been looked after on the boat / paddle front. Any camping gear you need for this trip (sleeping pad, headlamp, etc.)? Look up "gear weenie" in the dictionary and you'll see my picture - I have duplicates of most everything.

Thanks Kayakwriter! I'm good for camping gear and dry bags, it really is only boat and boat accessories I'm missing. I'm relatively new, one would say, it is still shy of 3 years since I first popped into a cockpit, but the fever caught fast and in this time I've done 6 touring trips ranging from 2-6 days, for a cumulative total of 24 days! :D

blondie said:
I'm good for camping gear and dry bags, it really is only boat and boat accessories I'm missing. :D

Need paddles, paddlefloat, Coast Guard required towline, ditto pump, etc?

Yeah this bunch needs even more gear...somebody bring the extra chainsaw, dynamite, and napalm, in case we need to enlarge the campsite (this is the "high impact camping" weekend, isn't it?) See y'all in one month.

Ian

20 kayakers already 8O
i guess i have to take the day off too..... otherwise i have to fight for a nice tent site and parking spot :roll: ( will hit the water by 8am)

i think the north end campground is too small for our group :(
i also hope they emptied the outhouses by then......... :?

andreas said:
i guess i have to take the day off too..... otherwise i have to fight for a nice tent site and parking spot :roll: ( will hit the water by 8am)

I plan on putting in at Tulista Park. Longer paddle and better parking.

my wife just asked if she would be the only "wife/partner" on this outing?
i think she needs some one to talk about knitting/recipes ..... :wink:
i want her to come, so write something positiv!!!! :wink:

andreas

Back