• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Welcome to the new forums! Report a problem thread.

It took some doing but we got it all figured out -- we can now upload images!

bald-eagle-portland-island-02-1920w.jpg

Still quite a few more things to sort out on the site over the next while. The new server upgrades have incapacitated the Location Galleries and the Boat Building Galleries. Not sure what we're going to do with those sections just yet but we'll hopefully have it sorted out (even if temporary) in the next week or so.

There are several past threads where the images are not visible -- this was due (we think) to errors when we imported the database. We're working on this now and all the previously posted images will be visible soon.

For now, I'm just happy that image uploading is working.

Dan, if you are a guest or logged out, you are not able to view the images. It shows the file name in the post, however when you click it you get an error message.

We are aware that some posts have missing images and we're working on correcting this. The issue is that some of our data files are huge and we encountered errors trying to import them into the database. Nothing is lost and we will remedy the problem, hopefully in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
From the "new posts" page:
If I am logged in, I can jump to the last post by clicking on the day & time.
If I am not logged in, the date & time are not clickable.

From my perspective, it's a valued feature that disappeared with the update.
Why would I waste bandwidth by logging in if I am not posting?

Yes, Seriously.
When I check WCP from my phone, I have a monthly limit of 100MB, so I want to download as little as possible.

Log in then (or stay logged in) and go to the last post -- no extra download that way.

Clicking on the blue dot beside the thread name also takes you to the last post.

Clicking on the blue dot beside the thread name also takes you to the last post.
Users who are logged out can now view images.

The blue dot appears only if you are logged in.
Why am I getting hassled over this?
It should take one minute to change the source code. Do you need programming help?

I cannot paste a text string into posts, for example I wanted to paste the following url
forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/threaddisplaymode-nbr-png.119682/
which shows that there is a way for each user to choose to display newest post first
but it is currently disabled

Thanks for letting me know about the time issue.

"I cannot paste any text into a post (using the middle mouse button)."

I just copy and pasted what you posted above using Chrome and my mouse. Don't know why you're having a problem with it -- it doesn't appear to be an issue of the forum software.

Last edited:
Back