WHERE DID YOU PADDLE - December 2016

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by LAM, Dec 18, 2016.

1. LAM

LAM Paddler

Doug bought me a new camera for my birthday and I wanted to try it out so we bundled up and headed up to the Alouette River which is not far from our place.

The sides of the river are freezing up now.

Doug was pretty brave and did some rolling.

I am happy with my new camera. It's an Olympus TG-4. Very easy to use and the pictures seem quite clear.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Lila

2. Pawistik

Pawistik Paddler

Great small outing. Geez, that looks like my paddling here in Saskatchewan with all that snow and the ice along shore. It was looking like my streak of paddling was ending at 13 months with the recent -30°C temperatures, but it warmed up this week. I'm going to try to get out on Thursday or Friday if any prairie paddlers with drysuits want to join me (Newfie in Alberta?).
    Cheers,
    Bryan

3. Pawistik

Pawistik Paddler

The week before Christmas we got a break in the 2 weeks of cold weather that we'd been having (overnight lows of -30°C, highs of -20°C and lower). The weather was reaching highs of about -4°C, but I was super busy marking exams and getting everything wrapped up from the fall term. Then, on Friday afternoon with a cold front on it's way in and my marks finally submitted, I was able to hit the water. :)

This was probably my coldest paddle to date at -7 to -10°C (according to Environment Canada) and with a 20 kph north wind to cool things off.

While I was at it, I made a video of my paddle.
    https://youtu.be/tdMcPqHKuZ8

Cheers,
    Bryan