WHERE DID YOU PADDLE? May 2008

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Raimo, May 1, 2008.

1. Monster

Monster Paddler

Ladner Harbour was all I managed, however twice...

[​IMG]

2. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Paddler

A short summary of my 3 day paddle. Was to be 4 day, but I learned the hard way that Sidney Spit is party-town on a Saturday night. So instead, it was a pleasant evening paddle and a hotel room in Sidney.

Thurs - Sidney to D'Arcy
    Fri - D'Arcy to Rum
    Sat - Rum, around Domville and the little broken islands, then over to Sidney Spit.

Cool Stuff:

- Surrounded by a street-gang of seals on the S.E. point of Brethour Isl.
    - Porpoises crossing the bow between Madrate and Gooch.
    - Tidepool Anenomes on Rum
    - Sea Otters off Sidney.

At one point in my life, drunk high-school girls would have fit into the "ccol stuff" category, but not now, and not on Sidney Spit, hence, the reason we cut the trip short and staying in Sidney that night.

Pics:

3. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Paddler

4. waverider

waverider Paddler

Over the last few weeks my paddling destinations have included Skaha lake over 3 days that included a side trip to Vaseux lake , tried to paddle Lightning lakes in Manning park but as you can see from the photo that just was not going to happen. I also paddled in Deep Cove with some Newbies. And I was out in English Bay this Morning. ( took part in a Mayday call about a swimmer in need of help off of Spanish Banks, but it turned out to be a dog! But the Coast Guard and the RCMP responded in force within minutes of hearing the call come over the radio)

[​IMG] Newbies in Deep Cove
    [​IMG] Lightning Lake
    [​IMG] Vaseux Lake
    [​IMG] Skaha Lake

5. RichardH

RichardH Paddler

Went to Portland Island from Roberts Bay on Saturday. It was my last trip for May and Man what a day - the weather out was amazing, eagles and seals everywhere, and I was able to chill out in the sun for a couple hours at Arbutus point. I met a few new paddlers on southern Portland island and had a chance to chat with them about their plans to hit the broken group this summer. Arbutus point was empty until about 3 when the speedboats started showing up. That was my cue to leave, so I headed home and found the wind chopping up the water on the way, which made for a pretty fun and educational trip back. Overall, it was really nice to see Portland island up close and personal! Here are some photos.. the trip's blogged with more pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Monster

Monster Paddler

I got an email from the CBC last night about the above pic I posted...

Hello Mr. Allan,

Congratulations! Your photo has been chosen for our June 4, 2008 photo of the day. Your photo will air at 6:55am and 9:55am EST.
    Thanks for your submission and for starting your morning with us. We hope you stay tuned!

Best wishes,

The CBC News: Morning Team

Not sure if I'll actually be able to get up in time to turn on CBC Newsworld, 6:55 am :x

7. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

8)