Where did you paddle this weekend? #2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Mike_Jackson, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Kasey

Kasey Paddler

Well, I thought these would be thumbnails (from photobucket.com) so hope they aren't too big. My first kayak pictures with my Panasonic FZ30, and I kept it on deck in a Lexan Waterproof box with just a cloth around it. I need to find some foam to fit. But I'm happy with how the pictures turned out - especially considering I just put it on Auto since I haven't had time to figure it all out yet. Feb 5 on Okanagan Lake....was a gorgeous day of sun just warm enough to feel the warmth, and glassy water. Four of us went from Peachland across to Rattlesnake Island and around Squally Point a ways towards Penticton, came back almost to the Island, cooked sausages and tea and lolled in the sun like sea lions and then reluctantly crossed back to Peachland as the sun went down. Four very happy yakkers!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Batstar

Batstar Paddler

Great photos Kasey. We usually make a point of stopping over in Kelowna (where my sister resides) on our way back from the coast but have yet to paddle the Okanagan. Looks like a pretty fine spot. Are there plenty of places to camp along the way?

We often run across paddlers from your neck of the woods. If fact, during one trip to the Broken Group, we met a couple from nearby Winfield who regularly take scouts out kayaking on the Island and who are also into wooden boats. Seeing their own Pygmy Osprey tandem was what inspired me to build my Tern.

Thanks for sharing. :)

3. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Nice pictures Kasey. Looks like you had a terrific day for a paddle.

I'm also curious to know about spots to camp along Okanagan Lake as it's on my list of lakes that I'd like to circumnavigate. I took my son on a 6 day, 100 km trip last summer from Sicamous to the top of Anstey Arm on the Shuswap -- we had a great time and experienced some terrific scenery. Paddling in the interior is quite a lot different than the coast, but find it equally enjoyable.