• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Winter Harbor to Port Hardy hitch hiking

Dipper

Paddler
Anyone ever hitch hike from Winter Harbor to Port Hardy? I am considering touring Port Hardy to Winter Harbor but not sure how easy it is to get a ride back to Port Hardy to pick up my car.
Last year hitched from San Josef to Port Hardy, no problem.

Cheers,
Ricky

nootka said:
If you were to paddle to Coal Harbour, there's a city bus to Pt Hardy.
EDIT:
I don't know about Winter Harbour- I agree with Nootka that paddling to Coal Harbour would make it easier.

And, TownTaxi in Pt Hardy will come and get you from Coal Harbour for $40 - possibly less, depending on where your car is located.
That's what they told me a few weeks ago when I inquired.

You could arrange a pickup in Holberg with the shuttle van from Northcoast Trail Water Taxi Service, they pick up hikers from the San Josephs Bay parking lot and make a stop at the Scarlet Ibis Pub in Holberg

Great guys, George too us out to Sushartie Bay and picked us up at teh parking lot a few times. I also biked in from Port Hardy, but thats really hard work

http://www.capescottwatertaxi.ca/

Back