Zeballos Water Taxi?

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Astoriadave, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

2. nootka

nootka Paddler

Hired a shuttle van from Zeballos to Fair Harbour from them in 2006.
    Good people.
    Helped me arrange no-cost parking in town for 3 weeks.
    I had a couple of great meals at the Blue Heron restaurant.

3. VanIslePaddler

VanIslePaddler Paddler

Yep... I've been on their boat 5-6 times over the years... I know the owners (Dan and Christine) pretty good.

They are good, courteous, professional drivers... they have been doing it for years. They are pretty much your only bet for a proffessional water taxi for the Nuchatlitz. I have no problem recommending them.

They are one of the few entrepreneurs in Zebellos, and they own a convienience store, gas station, hotel, restaurant, taxi, water taxi, kayak rentals / tours, and fishing charters. If you need local knowledge... they are the ones to chat too!

Cheers,

4. west_coast_russ

west_coast_russ Paddler

We were up in Nuchatlitz in July, didn't use the water taxi, but met a number of the locals in Zebellos. A very friendly town, there is a small campsite right there that is only $5.00/night.
    I was enthralled with Nuchatlitz, would go back in a heartbeat.

5. wazza

wazza Paddler

We have used these guys to get out to the coast quick when we were pressed for time.

The service was great, and they were very nice and new the area very well. They could have used a better boat rack, maybe they replaced it by now? other than that it was great. They were there when we scheduled & got use out as far as they could.

The town of Zebellos is fairly safe, as far as leaving your vehicle parked. I had a incident once where I think some kids let the air out of one of my tires, lucky we had a compressor. On that topic make sure your spare tire is in working order and you have all your tools to get it off & your spare on. The roads going out can eat up your tires.

Have a good trip,

6. Ken B

Ken B Paddler

I was just in there a couple of weeks ago...the road was in the best shape I've EVER seen it in (and I've driven that road for the last 25 years)...which leads to an all together different issue...speeders, watch for vehicles going way to fast.

7. lynn

lynn Paddler

We used them a couple of weeks ago....great and pleasant service. They also own the store, the Cedar Inn, and the Blue Heron restaurant....one stop shopping if you're making reservations.

8. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Thanks for all the great beta, folks! What a great group. Unfortunately, we are headed for Clayoquot, out of Tofino, slaves to the vagaries of work commitments for the kids in Pemberton.

9. pbabler

pbabler Paddler

Great link! I was researching this very thing for my upcoming Nuchatlitz trip in early September. I am going to go ahead and reserve the Water Taxi for the return trip and lock in some hotel rooms. I can't wait! :)

Thanks for all the beta!

Peter

10. blondie

blondie Paddler

Enjoy!

I read this just after Mark and I got back from our Nootka Island circumnavigation. We were priviledged to spend time in many areas around Nootka and agreed that the Nuchatlitz area alone would make a fabulous trip.

11. Tatlow

Tatlow Paddler

Another option for that area to consider.
    We are back from an 8 day trip to the Bunsby Islands and Leo of Voyager Water Taxi took us to and fro'. He was on time, early in fact, and full of local information. He does trips out of Kyuquot etc and he gets our tip of the hat. Always glad to extend kudos when pleased with a service.

He is going to expand to taking whale watching tours as the humpbacks etc are steady visitors each August and eventully into taking out fishing charters as well.

http://www.voyagerwatertaxi.com/

12. lynn

lynn Paddler

Yup, Leo's great too. I never know.......who tips their water taxi driver? and if you do, how much? Thanks

13. pbabler

pbabler Paddler

Just a followup from my trip to the Nuchatlitz area... Zeballos Water Taxi is a great service. They are very professional and courteous - I recommend them! On our last day, we had gale force wind conditions, and we called them for an earlier pick-up. They were able to come and get us within the hour.

They also run the Cedar Inn and the Blue Heron restaurant. I didn't stay at the hotel, but the restaurant was just fine!

Rest of the trip photos are here if anyone is interested: http://picasaweb.google.com/pbabler/Nuchatlitz#