Click for home page
Mouseover the image for a description

Home / About  Paddling Locations Gallery  Kayak and Accessory Building  Desktop Wallpaper Files  Community

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shawnigan Lake fundraiser May 29, 2010
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:42 pm 
Paddler
Paddler

The 6th Annual Shawnigan Lake Walk will feature a 2-hour kayak option this year. It's a great opportunity to meet and paddle with local kayak enthusiasts and raise money for a very worthy cause. Fine (and free) organic food, live entertainment and some terrific draw prizes help make it even more worthwhile. Details at http://theshawniganlakewalk.com/ Any questions or suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Shawnigan Lake fundraiser May 29, 2010
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:42 pm 
Paddler
Paddler

Linda wrote:
The 6th Annual Shawnigan Lake Walk will feature a 2-hour kayak option this year. It's a great opportunity to meet and paddle with local kayak enthusiasts and raise money for a very worthy cause. Fine (and free) organic food, live entertainment and some terrific draw prizes help make it even more worthwhile. Details at http://theshawniganlakewalk.com/ Any questions or suggestions?
Sounds great - we'll be there with a donation.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 pm 
Paddler
Paddler

Tell me more

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:36 pm 
Paddler
Paddler

Ok Linda,
You got me to read the website on your first post.

On the second post I read it again wondering "Where the hell is Shawnigan Lake", so I googled it.

Now your last post has me wanting to know more :)
How many kayakers have participated in years past?

Dave R

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 pm 
Paddler
Paddler

Hi Dave
Until this past year, the kayak portion of the event has been relatively modest - fewer than ten participants. There are five routes for walkers/runners that tend to get get a lot of attention (and participants), but the kayaking has always been somewhat of an afterthought. Enough, we thought - kayakers are not second-class citizens! We are at least as good as those Nike-shod, skinny-shanked water-bottle-totin' ironperson wannabes!

Kayakers unite! Raise your paddles and raise a few dollars while you're at it. Okay, we'll have to share our organic goodies with the citizens of Walkers World. At least they can't walk walk on water. Can they?

-Linda.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:49 am 
Paddler
Paddler

Hey this does sounds like a fun, family style event! Too bad I won't be around.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Schweitzer

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:31 am 
Paddler
Paddler

Sorry you can't make it Sheila. The lake has two parks and two restaurants with docks (and toilets) that make it especially accessible for young families and newer paddlers. As well, we'll be having our own rest stop (cocoa, energy drinks, etc) and a hot lunch with live music afterwards. AND, it's free for kids 12 and under.

Post subject: Site is down
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:19 am 
Paddler
Paddler

theshawniganlakewalk.com is unreachable. If someone knows how to get in touch with the site admin, it's a DNS issue.

Look up theshawniganlakewalk.com A record

Searching for theshawniganlakewalk.com A record at g.root-servers.net Got referral to J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 217 ms]
Searching for theshawniganlakewalk.com A record at J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. Got referral to ns2.towardsfreedom.com. [took 153 ms]
Searching for theshawniganlakewalk.com A record at ns2.towardsfreedom.com. Error: Couldn't resolve DNS server name/IP [ns2.towardsfreedom.com][11004].

Response:
An error occurred: Couldn't resolve DNS server name/IP [ns2.towardsfreedom.com][11004].

Details:
I could not get to the nameserver authoritative for theshawniganlakewalk.com. Sorry!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:31 pm 
Paddler
Paddler

Hi Scott;

I just tried the site and had no problem. I guess it's been sorted out. Thanks for the heads up anyways.

Linda