Subject: Indian Arm Overnighter Paddle - Saturday, April 24th to Sunday, April 25th
DESCRIPTION: It's that time of year again and the weather is going to be great! Time to give those rusty muscles a workout, and prepare for greater adventures for the season - or maybe this is your first time doing an overnight trip. Why not start off with a nice easy paddle up Indian Arm for an overnight trip?
Along the way you will be rewarded with the sights and sounds of a somewhat bustling inland waterway engulfed by mountains, sky and sea. There is also the opportunity to see stunning waterfalls, an amazing cave, and -likely- an abundance of seals up close sunning on the mud flats at the mouth of the Indian River.
Easy access to kayak rentals in Deep Cove, or you can use one of the several kayaks I have available.
DISTANCE: 17km (One way)
ELEVATION GAIN: Dependent on the tide!
TIME NEEDED: 2 Days, 1 night
BOOK RATING: Medium-Rare
MEETING TIME AND LOCATION: Saturday, April 24th 09:00 Location TBD (Either or both of Deep Cove and Belcarra)
LATEST RETURN TIME: Sunday April 25th 21:00
AFTER HIKE PLANS: Unpack, then sleep!
MAXIMUM # of Paddlers: 8
STRICT SIGN-UP DEADLINE: Friday 18:00
PLEASE INDICATE: To those wishing to sign up, please answer ALL of the following (An "I'm in" only response will mean "You're Out!" :
1) Do you need a ride? From where?
2) Does your kayak need a ride?
3) Can you offer a ride? If so, what are convenient points you are willing to pick up from and how many?
4) If you can offer a ride, how many kayaks are you willing to carry for others?
5) Will you be wishing to use one of my kayaks? I have 3 available, 2 of which are suitable for persons under 5' 4" (163 cm) 120 lbs (54 Kg) and one which is full-size.
6) Email AND Phone number(s) to contact you at, how late it is acceptable to call.
ORGANIZER: Brad Scott
BRING: Headlamp! Water, food, overnight gear and tent. (I can share my stove, possibly my pots, will share my 4 person tent with a hygienic person), money for your driver (if you are a passenger)
COSTS: Fuel for driver, kayak rental costs (48 hour rental)