• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

2015 WCP Spring Campout - NEW DATE!

SheilaP said:
Twinkies and King Dongs! (Are the seriously called King Dongs?!?!? :doh: )

How about one of each to suit all tastes. :big_thumb :big_thumb

Yes, they look like hockey pucks. :)
While I was shopping I thought Cookies might survive the trip better and in more usable condition. Sorry to disappoint.

My circumstance has changed and I am now solo. I still have to get something to cook with and I should probably get another paddle seeing as I have only one now.
I am in the market for a Greenland Paddle so I don't want to spend on something just for one trip. (I could regret that though :?: ).

It would be great if I could meet up with someone on Saturday morning. I am heading out from Esquimalt.
I have the means to transport my kayak & supplies, provided I have a safe place to park at the launch point.

Hope to meet up with everybody :D

Tiger Tsunami.

So, who's all there? I will arrive around lunch tomorrow...

Tsunami and Sheila's friend Jo will be coming out launching from Amherst at 12.30, I hope to arrive around then, maybe a bit later. I am also doing the Amherst beach launch, sigh...low tide, long walk to water though....

Got the batch of Andrea's Bolognaise Sauce and pasta, plus a surprise for the Birthday Girl :big_thumb
Looking to Partay, WCP Style!!

anyone missing anything? Last chance! :yikes:

Sorry to miss this years event. Dad passed away last Saturday night, so there's not much wind in my sails. Everyone have a safe paddle home. And take good care of that mug.

Gary Jacek said:
Sorry to miss this years event. Dad passed away last Saturday night, so there's not much wind in my sails. Everyone have a safe paddle home. And take good care of that mug.

Gary, heard from Mark on Portland, you have our prayers for your Dad.

Just got settled from the trip...
Dan and Gary both were missed...maybe we do Fall this year? To catch up.
Pics coming soon (I am sure from a few different directions!?!!)

Sorry to have missed this one, couldn't be helped.

Looks like a good time was had by all and the campsite wasn't too busy. I'll be sure to attend next year so that the headband can be passed on. Oh, and Happy Birthday Sheila!

Dan_Millsip said:
Looks like a good time was had by all and the campsite wasn't too busy. I'll be sure to attend next year so that the headband can be passed on.

There was no one else at the campground. A few people at Shell Beach though. We only used one non-official site. Even met a new member Tsunami! :big_thumb :big_thumb He bravely came out and met a whole bunch of crazy people.

The raccoons behaved like animals this year and seemed to be wary of humans and avoid contact in general. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Promised a pic or two, well I forgot the battery in my darn camera...just have this "Mug" shot!
Courtesy of Gecko Paddler (thanks Mark!)
Sheila has posted all the good ones anyway!

The others have already covered the bases as far as the wonderful guests, food and vibe. So I'll just share this link to an Orca encounter I had as I paddled in on the Thursday night, acting as advance guard to claim the Point for the WCP gang.

[shortyoutube]http://youtu.be/cUR0IAaUV7c[/shortyoutube]

kayakwriter said:
The others have already covered the bases as far as the wonderful guests, food and vibe. So I'll just share this link to an Orca encounter I had as I paddled in on the Thursday night, acting as advance guard to claim the Point for the WCP gang.

[shortyoutube]http://youtu.be/cUR0IAaUV7c[/shortyoutube]

Holy S! is right. That'll get the heart rate up. Congratulations on having the honor and thanks for capturing it.

Now, this reminds me, what's the code for embedding a youtube video/window in a message?

M2G said:
kayakwriter said:
Now, this reminds me, what's the code for embedding a youtube video/window in a message?

Obviously I couldn't figure it out either, and tried every option, hoping one would stick. None did. Maybe one of the admins will take pity on the embedding-challenged...

kayakwriter said:
Maybe one of the admins will take pity on the embedding-challenged...
We always fix any such links that don't work.

fyi: you need to remove the "s" out of "https://..." in the url for the youtube and shortyoutube tags to work.

In Dave's example, the youtu.be url requires the "shortyoutube" tag.

Impressive video, kayakwriter.

Back