• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

7 days in Nuchatlitz--by canoe

jefffski

Paddler
My partner and I recently spent 7 days paddling our canoe in the Nuchatlitz area on the west coast of Vancouver Island. I posted 7 short videos (roughly 3-4 minutes each) of our trip. Here's the first one, and there's a link at the end of each to the next one. I've also posted a pic of our route.

Days 1-7 GPS routes.jpg

I really enjoy your videos as they sure show how it's all about just getting out there. You seem to select such good locations and make good crossing or outing decisions to make it all look easy.

On a side note, I notice there seems to be about a 1000m long beach of which your 'Espinosa Inlet N' is part of. You picked a good location with water, but did you explore upland at all? Was there an old log landing [meaning a big flat area] on part of that estuary, and do you remember other likely camping/stopping locations along that 1km stretch?

[in the jpg below I've marked locations as EspinosaInE1,2 etc.]
EspinosaInletS.jpg

Back