• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

A paddling poem

kayakwriter

Administrator
I didn't think this belonged in "Meals and Menu Planning" (except as a cautionary tale) so I'm putting it here: https://philiptorrens.com/2019/01/01/the-fumigation-as-wind-blows-free-a-paddling-poem/#more-3699
The scene of the crime.jpg

Several days ago I saw part of a PBS program "Growing Native" where the subject explored life among the Pacific coastal tribes, including the yearly canoe visits of inhabitants to their ancestral lands. At one point the program host was at a site where the camus plant once flourished, almost disappeared, and has returned. Upon tasting cooked camus, he asked how it would be if he'd eaten it raw. The Ranger's reply was something like: "Your gastrointestinal distress will be talked about for many generations." Apparently this is common in the coastal communities?

I love how a thread that started just for shits and giggles (so to speak) goes all educational about the Pacific Northwest.

Back