Advice on extended parking Sidney

benson

Paddler
It's been a few years since our last southern Gulf Is trip and was hoping for any current info launching/parking for a 5 day/4 night outing. Last time we launched at Sidney just south of the ferry dock (Tulista Park?) and parked nearby at a visitor info lot as I remember. That was very convenient, but I'm guessing that may no longer be an option. Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Thanks, Jim

sludge

Paddler
I don't know whether it is lawful to overnight park in the location I now suggest you investigate. However, I noticed that many vehicles with trailers were parked in this location, and I would bet they stay there overnight.

Almost immediately opposite the entrance to Tulista Park and Community Centre (which is not to be confused with the separate, more northerly entrance to the boat ramp and its adjacent parking lot) is a road running on an east/west bearing. I don't know the name of the street. On the south side of that street is a hedge which runs adjacent to the sidewalk for some length. Cars and trailers were parked there in a line. They do not block driveways or houses, which are only on the north side of the street. You might investigate that location. Good luck.

Rachel_M

Paddler
We left our car here for 3 nights over the Canada Day weekend without any issues. It seems to be the only place in Sidney without notices stating no parking for more than 24 hours. Your only other option is long term pay parking in town $8 per 24 hours.

Rachel