• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Alex Morton Launches Petition

Searches of CBC & CTV found no reference to this news.

The BC Salmon Farmers Association said in a statement it would rather see peer-reviewed information about industry rather than “ad-hoc” releases through Canada’s access to information laws.

yes, we really shouldn't know about this. Especially so early.

“What we see relating to science and DFO and the aquaculture industry is not incompetence, not scientific illiteracy, but deliberately dishonest efforts to block science, keep a minister in the dark and advantage the industry,” she said.

Reactions: CPS
Three hundred seventy-six juvenile pink and chum salmon were caught at 8 sites in the Discovery Islands on May 20 and 21, 2022. 88% of these fish had zero sea lice, average infection was .16 lice/fish. This is a profound decline in sea lice infection on young wild salmon since 2020 when 94% of young pink and chum salmon were infected with an average of 7 sea lice.

Alexandra Morton via Patreon

16 Fisheries scientists call out DFO sea lice report:

The DFO report stating no significant association between farms and wild salmon lice infestation:\

the full letter by the group of scientists criticizing that report :

Last edited:
16 Fisheries scientists call out DFO sea lice report:

The DFO report stating no significant association between farms and wild salmon lice infestation:\

the full letter by the group of scientists criticizing that report :

From the appendix to that letter:
(“p-values” are meaningless if an analysis is performed over and over and over again, until a palatable version emerges).

I'm not, and never have been a statistician, but I remember my prof from Statistics 101 in Uni quoting that old mantra, "If you torture the data enough, it will tell you whatever you're hoping to hear..."

Really infuriating to see science subverted for political and commercial convenience. Reminds me of Lysenkoism.

unbelievable that it really happened. It's dark here outside, but somehow it seems as if the sun may be peaking through.
And Al, thanks for being so up to date on this topic for all this long time.

Reactions: CPS

Back