• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Are there Hammock Trees in the Deer Island camp sites?

cougarmeat

Paddler
I've been to some kayak camps that are just sandy/shell beach. I see there are "official" camp sites on 7 or 8 islands in the Deer Group. Please tell me if you know that those sites would support hammocks; that is, have trees you could put your arms around and are 12 - 18 ft apart?

Thank you,
Paul

Yes, for sure Paul! We had three HH on Studd and was it Dianna? Nowhere that we we stopped were there no hammock sites....

:)

Lots of trees everywhere in the Deer Group area. Here is Stud Island with two hammocks visible. Third one is hiding somewhere behind the stump. There was room for a few more. I took the best hammock spot for my tent (the yellow Hubba Hubba on the right.)

Since that trip I'm a Hennessy converter. Caveat: always carry about 50' of 3/8 rope. A throw safety line will do very nicely as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 780
Back