• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Are you socially isolating?

AM

Paddler
Post your pics! Let’s work to keep our spirits up.

I took my daughter paddling up Alouette Lake. Glorious weather and very quiet.

88436B95-2A50-4FD3-90E6-4E24E23AA5F4.jpeg

We are on enforced shelter in place here in Northern California. Pretty much anyplace people could congregate is closed, except essential services like groceries and hospitals. Outdoor exercise is allowed, but not in groups.

A couple pix from a couple weeks ago before travel restrictions. High pressure meant (mostly) sunny but cold conditions.
small1.jpg

One day of pissing rain meant being creative: small fire under the tarp which was set to try and block the SE wind. I eventually got tired of splitting the cedar and napped away the afternoon in the tent

small2.jpg

Payoff was a couple days with Studd Islets completely to ourselves. We almost felt like were could be in the Caribbean where our original spring break plans would have taken us.

Take care everyone! Stay healthy!

Roger

Back