• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Artlish River Launch

Dipper

Paddler
Never launched at Artlish river before. John Kamantas mentions it in the book but I wanted to reach to see if anyone has used it and had any comments good or bad. Always used Fair Harbor in the past and had no problems but a longer drive.
Thanks Ricky

Shorter road but much rougher. OK for 4x4.
We're heading up next week-end but this time we're going to Fair Harbour.
When are you going?

I presume you're using the log dump just S of Artlish Rvr:
Kyuq-ArtlishSmap.jpg

there's a semblance of a boat ramp and a large [1/4 hectare] flat area that potentially could be used for parking. The area is unassigned crown land, but there is a log handling tenure on that area. so YMMV if seems not in use.

Thanks Mick, so you have launched here? This is my first time to launch at this location and I did not see a ramp on google earth, so this helps.

No, I haven't launched there. But looking at google and esri, the launch still appears to exist, a vehicle or so, altho the ramp/parking photo is 20yr old. The log handling area seems to be at only +1.5-2m elevation and the launch is low 15% slope with under 100mm material at the photo resolution:

Kyuq-ArtlishSdet3.jpg

If the dump isn't active I assume parking toward an edge will not be an issue, but that's my assumption.

Back