• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Can I retrieve pics from damaged m. card?

sushiy

Paddler
I just came back from Mowich Lake/Mt Rainier- paddling/ hiking trip.
The heart breaking thing is that, after I took whole bunch of pictures of mountain with glacier, wiled flower filled meadows, butterflys, deer foot prints, seacret waterfalls accesible only with kayak, my MK1 stove setting aproved by park ranger for non-open fire camp site etc. etc., I don't know what happened, the camera says "memory card error" and can't do anything with it. With other memory card, the camera still works fine, I should have taken extra card with me :cry: :cry:
I took it to photo shop to see if I can get pics out of it with no luck :cry:

Dose anyone have any idea what happened to it and if I have any chance of retrieving photos out of it??

I guess I have to report my trip with out photos...

Hey Sushiy.....what a terrible thing to happen. Do you have a card reader that you can put your card in? If you do then take your card out and put it in the card reader, if not then attach your camera to your computer like you normally do.

Download and try THIS PROGRAM. It's freeware, and it works amazingly well. I was able to recover a few hundred pictures from a card for a friend.....after they accidentaly reformatted it before they downloaded the pics.

I can't guarantee it will fix your problem, but it has worked for me. Let me know how it goes

It's doing quite well, pretty much all healed up...although it's now one and a half inches shorter than the other one. I haven't tried paddling yet, but I hope to within the next few weeks :p

Good to hear (read) you are getting well.

Well, I am trying the Art Plus program, and when it asked to select the camera drive or card reader, it dose not have choice for it, it has the choice for local disc, floppy, and DVD drive, and a few hours ago it had removable disc but not now :? :? I tried with "removable disc" and it got the pictures from some are from my old album, some are from this website ( hey! I got IanC's and Blondie's face on it!!) and some are from I don't know... bunch of flower and wedding things... My camera was cabled to the computer.

I think I have to find the manual for my camera... it disappeared a few weeks ago :oops:
I can smell the success though... I am just a woman of the stone age, it will take a while to figure it out.

Did anyone else tried it with success yet??

:shock: :shock:
I tried on the computer at work. And it loaded files and files of some company's financial deta :shock:
It was not my company's ( good... I did not want to know)

Well, I think my memory card is really gone. I just have to go back to that mountain and lake 8)

Hi Robert,
I might... now I can't access to the program, the machine says " blocked by your fire wall"...

This is kind of ...fun...all kind of stuff happenes...

Back