We are planning on a July trip from Bella Bella. Jon/Chodups has already engaged to my great appreciation, having picked up on a question I posted in an old thread. With this said, I would greatly appreciate any more information that could be provided by those who have gone before.
- Group of 5 intermediate paddlers,
- Aged 15 - 60y/o
- Duration - planning on 14 days of paddle time.
- Risk appetite - low - would like to minimise/limit large crossings or exposure to Western open ocean
- Safety prep high (multiple redundancies, comms, meds, repairs)
- Capacity to self/group manage risk and respond to incident/event is good strong
- Booked on the ferry from Port Hardy, leaving vehicle and kayak trailer there
- Intention to paddle South to Hakai with return to BB for exit
- Does the ferry/terminal have the kayak trollies that some have reported as available in older trip reports?
- Launch situation in Bella Bella
- Fresh water availability - general - also how much have people carried at trip outset? I have seen reports of 40l p/p
- Route options - musts, shoulds and coulds
- Camp sites - conditions and GPS coords if available
- Areas potentially recently closed through land treaty agreements
- Any information on rescue/evac options through local outfitters etc.
- Any other points not reflected above.