• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Clean-up paddle,anyone?

rider

Paddler
Since i think most of us are probably tree huggers to some extent. would anyone be up for a paddle, or a couple, to allouette lake or any other paddle-in camping areas and doing some clean up after idiots that leave a mess anywhere they camp?

Good suggestion rider. I'd be interested in doing this with you.

If you're planning on going to Alouette Lake, you're going to need a barge for all the garbage.

When are you planning on doing this?

Dan_Millsip said:
If you're planning on going to Alouette Lake, you're going to need a barge for all the garbage.

Happy thoughts, Dan - we're going for happy thoughts here :p :wink: (j/k!)

I'm always up for a paddle... and as long as I can get over there for whatever weekend you're thinking of, you can count me in!

Well i got a barge, my old 16 footer double, perfect for slowly hauling a lot of sh*t paddling solo in calm water, or i could use my CH but the double is just so perfect for the job. When-whenever i get over my cold, on weekend without downpour rain.

While I could never be accused of being a tree-hugger (too many dead trees on the negative side of the karmic ledger), I applaud your efforts Rider. There is little worse than litter to spoil, what would otherwise be, beautiful surroundings.

Brad

I won't be able to make it this coming weekend as I've already planned a number of paddling outings (are you going to join us for the Saturday evening paddle in False Creek?).

Back