coffee junkies

Rod

Paddler
anyone care to recommend a good grinder for small quantities and where I can get one in lower mainland?

thanks!
rod

DarenN

Paddler
Dave_Barrie said:
I just spotted this......good double use of gear

Nalgene Coffee Press
that looks like a good one, Dave! but i'd be concerned with the hinge failing over time and use. as for double use of gear. i don't carry any other cup than my Bodum travel press. with the little kettle in my Trangia kit i don't need a s/s mug to heat small amounts of water.

DarenN......

Dave_Barrie

Paddler
DarenN said:
that looks like a good one, Dave! but i'd be concerned with the hinge failing over time and use. as for double use of gear. i don't carry any other cup than my Bodum travel press. with the little kettle in my Trangia kit i don't need a s/s mug to heat small amounts of water.
Yeah, I wondered the exact same thing myself - guess time will tell :p

Komatiq

Paddler
I use a GSI press and it's worked out well for me. I blend my own coffee at a local grocery store with a rack of bulk beans and a grinder then take some along in a small plastic peanut butter bottle.

Hard to beat a fresh cup of Jo' while watching the sunrise (or set) from a secluded campsite......... :wink:

andreas

Paddler
hi darren,
nice gift!!!! this coffemaker is good for really strong coffee 8O they use condensed/sweetend milk with this brew! mix it 1coffee/5 milk and it will be authentic :D

you can buy this kind of brew at morning side cafe in fulfurd harbour on salt spring isl.

andreas

andreas

Paddler
@darrenM:

how do you like your coffee maker? i'm going to salt spring tomorrow and i'm planing to stop at morning side cafe and i may try the vietnamese brew.

DarrenM

Paddler
andreas said:
@darrenM:

how do you like your coffee maker? i'm going to salt spring tomorrow and i'm planing to stop at morning side cafe and i may try the vietnamese brew.
I haven't tried it yet...

We did make some Vietnamese coffee at work this summer, but it was iced. Yummy :p

Ill let you know how it works the next time I'm out camping. This weekend would be perfect for camping, but I have to take advantage of this nice weather and get some crap done around the house. :cry: