• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Current designs pisces

Yelnif

Does anyone know anything about these boats? Just bought one in pretty good shape for $400 cad. I know its old (probably late 80s?) and outdated design, but for a beginner boat. Is the price unreasonable? Is the design really unuasble today or are people just pampered with more modern tech?

Thanks

Welcome to WestCoastPaddler!
:thumbsup:
That's a good price for a serviceable boat from a well-known manufacturer.
Many designs from the 80s are still considered to be great boats.
IMO, for beginners it's preferable to spend money on immersion clothing, a good PFD, lessons, a decent paddle, a roof rack for the vehicle and other gear and find a reasonably inexpensive boat. So I think you are off to a good start!
The boat itself should be fine, and if it isn't it can be repaired quite easily (if it's fiberglass) .
What condition is it in?
Often older boats need a bit of 'TLC' - deck safety lines replaced (or placed, if they aren't present), new deck shock cords, hatch covers, etc..
If you post specific questions (with pictures, preferably), I'm sure you'll get good answers here.

Reactions: AM
Back