• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

gel coat repair

andreas

Paddler
hi guys,

i know it is a bit too early for this announcement but here it comes:

next spring (temp. above +15c and no rain) i plan to fix all the gel coat scratches on my boat. the work will include: prep work, filling with gel coat, wet sanding and buffing.
the reason why i have to wait till next spring is because the gel coat is really tricky to work with in cold and humid conditions.

my idea was to offer you guys a little session about that ( i did this for a living for over a year). maybe we could get a few boats together so we could also share the costs (total cost per boat~15-20$).

so keep it in the back of your mind and wait with your repairs :wink:

cheers
andreas

repairs

Hi Andreas
I don`t have any repairs at this time but I would still like to know how it is done. Are you going to have room for some lookie looies? :p

@elvis: of course you can come!

@mark: you never know :roll: i ran in to a rock this weekend wile playing in a rock garden.... :oops:

andreas said:
hi guys,

...next spring (temp. above +15c and no rain) i plan to fix all the gel coat scratches on my boat.
Hi Andreas,

I'd love to do this to my boat as well, so count me in. Your Canada Flag edition to my NDK Explorer was top notch. Anytime you want to get out for a paddle give me a call or email.

Glock :D

hi "glock",(how did you get THAT name?)

you are more then welcome to join us! i will let you know for sure when i go out the next time. right now, most times i go with the vckc or by my self if it's not to bumpy :roll:

gel coat work shop:
i have to let everyone know that ,it is impossible to match the new gel coat color to the old one!!!! even you have a white hull, then we only could get a 90% color match going. but if you have a yellow/red/gray hull then you should be warned! it could look ugly at the end........

i think what i will do for this workshop is:
1. i will go and buy all the material we need to do a few patchings witch gel coat.
2. show you all the little tricks when working with that toxic stuff.
3. find a place to work on ~5 boats at the same time (is there anyone with a big drive way? it wont be a big mess! :wink: )
4. charge you money for the material (~ 15-25$/boat) :roll:
5. maybe organize a BBQ for after :D

Back