Goose Island - Central coast- Drinking water

Joeli

Hi there
I am looking for information on drinking water availability on Goose Island (Central coast).
I have head an anecdotal report claiming there is water on the west side and another that says that water is brackish and not good for consumption.
Any recent information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Joel

chodups

Paddler
Hi there
I am looking for information on drinking water availability on Goose Island (Central coast).
I have head an anecdotal report claiming there is water on the west side and another that says that water is brackish and not good for consumption.
Any recent information would be greatly appreciated!
Are you talking "recent" meaning this year? I haven't been there this year or last but I have gathered water on the east side of Goose Island and know where there is probably a source on the west side. On the east side is a shallow bay at 51 58'20"N 128 25'19"W

089.JPG

090.JPG

Since there isn't any relief on Goose to speak of any water that you find there will be brown but worked for me.

On the west side I believe that there is water at "Boo-tock Bay" located here: 51 57'49"N 128 27'29"W
Boo-tock Bay is shallow and the tide falls quickly there so pay attention or you will be dragging your boat over slippery bowling ball sized boulders. Don't ask me how I know. Didn't have time to take pictures.

The tour guide groups camp on Snipe Island and if they are not around they may have left their fresh water behind for their next trip. I was weathered in there once after gathering water at the first bay I mentioned and I found two large carboys stashed in the weeds. Beat the heck out of my tannin-tainted water so I filled up. Poke around there if you get the chance. You might get lucky.
IMG_0062.JPG