• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Halifax NS Kayak Rental

Natasha

Paddler
I'll be flying through Halifax in early October with a 16h layover and a rental car. Ive never been to Nova Scotia. I am planning to get out to Peggys Cove and do some sightseeing.

I thought it might also be nice to go for a couple hour paddle. Can anyone recommend any rental places?

I am an experienced paddler but will be going solo and wont have full immersion gear (might be able to fit a drytop in my bag) so will be aiming to be pretty conservative while hopefully having a scenic paddle.

A slightly different perspective: what about seeing if you can rent one the traditional type rowboats for a couple of hours - might be some availability, but don't know:
St Margaret's Bay trap skiffs . . .
St Margarets bayTrapboatsbc.jpg

Back