• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Handheld VHF for sale

Dave_Barrie

Paddler
I bought one of THESE UNITS for a trip recently. I bought it at the last minute as we wanted to have a radio with us and I wasn't able to get the radio that I really wanted in time for the trip. I used it for the one trip and I now have received the radio that I wanted in the first place so I don't need this one anymore.

It's in perfect condition and comes with all the original packaging and accessories.

It's not a high power radio so you won't get the same range out of it as some of the high end units, but it works just fine. And it was really nice to have a weather radio with us.

I paid $99 + taxes for a total of $114.00

If anyone from this site is interested it's yours for:

$75 if you want to pick it up
$85 if you want me to mail it to you

Nice looking unit... could not find it's waterproof rating though. After my experience with the Uniden that I have that is rated JIS 4/CFR 46, I am a little leery of claims of "waterproofness" and "submersibility".

Fortunately for me, they replaced my radio free of charge and although I still carry it exposed in my vest, I do not plan anymore wet exit practice while wearing it. :wink:

I believe that the WP rating for Standard handhelds exceeds JIS standards for 3 feet for 30 minutes. I have the 460S which is small enough to tuck into the front pocket of my PFD. :)

On another note, here’s a link to the ROC study guide that I used before taking the exam three years ago.

Restricted Operator’s Certificate Study Guide

That looks like a good guide... but when I took my exam last fall, the instructor told us that the course materials had changed quite a bit in the last couple of years. So, anyone thinking of taking the course would do well to review the guide at the above link, but also get a copy of the current course material just to make sure they're learning the right stuff.

No worries - they're very nice units and I'm really happy with it. I can sit inside my house, in Vic and pick up calls from all over the place. It's kind of fun to put it in scan mode when you're bored :p

yea i know the scan mode is great! it's just to bad that i only get static noice where i live.......but gonzales hill is great for that :D i even got a signal from the clipper just leaving seattle today!!!!

andreas

Back