• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

How many other women are here?

Here too, and I have posted a few times.

But lurking is more my style and at times am more of an intermediate kayaker ( although have done some pretty cool trips).

Also getting older and more into day trips in Vancouver and Thetis Island area these days.

I am a female kayaker. My husband and I bought ourselves kayaks (Wilderness Pungo 120) a year ago, so we are beginners. We have kayaked around Port Browning on Pender Island, Christina Lake, BC and Crescent Beach, BC. I absolutely love the peace and tranquility of gliding along. We are planning on taking a trip this summer to Johnson Lake in the interior of BC to check out "The Caribbean of the North". If there is any advice you can give me or other places to kayak for beginners, I would appreciate it. :D

Welcome! I'm pretty new to this too, and since I live in TN, there aren't too many folks who paddle sea kayaks around LOL! I'm glad to see that there are more women here than I thought, but you gals need to POST! Best way to learn is to ask questions!

SheilaP said:
Once in a while I bug Dan about creating a dating forum. THINK of the odds... :big_thumb
Well Dan...... just kidding, I must say it is tough to find women paddlers especially here in Saskatchewan :cry:

Terry

Also checking in periodically for information and inspiration. But haven't had the need to post.

Back