• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - Impex Category Force 5

SalishSeaNior

Paddler
Downsizing the fleet.

Selling my Impex Category Force 5 expedition touring kayak.

Here is a link to owner reviews for the Force 5 at paddling.com

The boat is a carbon-kevlar layup using a fabric called K-Lite with a lime green gel coat deck and valley hatches. Built in Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Impex - “About K-Lite”

K-Lite lamination with a Clear Hull and Epoxy resin is the strongest, lightest and most responsive lay - up Impex has to offer.

This lamination introduced in limited supply in 2007 has proven to be everything Impex expected and then some. Paddled by reputable paddlers they have received rave reviews of increased hull rigidity, more responsiveness, and of course weight savings.

Industry first in post cured epoxy infused hull

Hull weight savings of 5-6 lbs on average vs Carbon Kevlar lamination,30% increase in tensile strength. Expedition lamination in ultralight weight, Vinylester / S-Glass UV stabilized exterior skin coat

Increased kayak responsiveness. No exterior gelcoat on hull

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_3236.jpg
IMG_3232.jpgIMG_3233.jpgIMG_3240.jpgIMG_3242.jpg
Full disclosure, I have fared the hull and applied two coats of clear epoxy resin to the hull. The boat is sound, seaworthy, watertight, and in good condition.

Dimensions, 18 feet long x 20.75 wide. About 185 Litres of cargo space in 3 hatches. The boat weighs 52 lbs on my scale. The boat will fit a larger paddler. I am 6 feet and 205 pounds, boot size 10. Abitibi & Co., who now build the Impex line of kayaks, list the paddler weight range for the Force 5 at 150 to 220 lbs. The Category Force 5 a very quick and efficient hull design with a length to width ration of 9.15 on the Sound Rowers kayak classification chart. It is a quick and efficient expedition touring kayak for an intermediate to advanced paddler.

I am asking $2,300.00 Canadian ($1,800. USD) for the boat.

The boat is in the Okanagan Valley, but I will be making trips to the Fraser Valley and to the Bellingham area several times this summer, and one to Courtenay in late July, so could possibly bring it down.

Thanks Philip. Yes, she is a beauty and, if I didn't have far too many boats, I would not be selling her. I have had other paddlers tell that she is beautiful when I have paddled her, and spoken with onlookers. This model is a boat for a particular style of paddler, good skills and adventurous. Superb North American build, a rare and extraordinary expedition kayak for certain.

R

Back